Residents of Gold Coast, Queensland, who already love casino play can now look forward to benefiting from all that gambling fun. With The Spit set to get a $3 billion development for a casino resort, you’re not only looking at a potential population boom, you also can look forward to some job new and exciting prospects.
Well, not just some job prospects. Apparently, over 13,000 job openings are planned, and it’s important to note the different aspects of the casino you could potentially qualify for.
For one thing, 4,100 job openings will be offered over the course of the construction, which is set to take place over a five-year schedule. Those jobs are presumably unrelated to the actual inner-workings of the casino resort and focus more on the manual labor and marketing. Marketing jobs will surely continue to be needed after construction, as will every aspect of keeping a casino and a resort up and running. Separate, both resort and casino as titles would offer an eclectic array of positions. Together, there’s a good chance you qualify for something.
Apparently, more than 80% of the construction jobs are expected to be going to the local workforce. (Not too shabby.) Over 70% of all the jobs will most likely go to locals as well, which still leaves a good 30% to be filled by those looking to relocate to Gold Coast to join in the new opportunities.
New job openings also means new people moving into the area for work, which creates even more jobs, which brings in more people. The Gold Coast could be looking at a very big economic boom.
In fact, MacroPlan Dimasi has projected 9,100 additional jobs both directly and indirectly once construction is completed.
And even if you don’t live in the area, success in this fashion inspires and ignites. Big projects like this one could speckle the map Down Under.
The project is set to happen by 2019. However, it has not yet been approved by the State Government. That’s also a bit worrying when their last project, which was to cost $7 billion and create tons of new jobs, was shelved about a year and a half ago. So, we’ll see. But this seems to be happening, and it could be a great thing. Then again, with community groups voicing their outcry and considering gambling a public health issue, a wrench or two could be throw into the gears.
Not only will the property feature a resort and casino, it will also feature public restaurants and even a large amphitheatre, the former to look out over the Broadwater, the latter to hopefully attract some big name acts.
This is certainly a wait and see prospect, but we’re waiting with anticipation, and we hope we see it come to fruition.
Written for OnlineCasino-Australia.com by Martin Jones - Published on 08-02-2017